Tuesday 14 August 2012

No rest for the wicked

Helllloooooooo!
Having abandoned my blog for the last two weeks, I decided it was about time for an update for all my fans out there! (just my Mum then..)
In these past couple weeks I've been extremely busy so I'll just try keep it to a minimum on here cos else I'll be writing for days!! So what have I been doing? I've been busy with photoshoots, working, shopping, wine tasting, having a short break at Virginia beach - you know, the usual ;) but my laptop being the bitch it always is, caught another virus so I'm very much hating on Norton 'anti' virus right now and had to system restore it again ugggggggh so I'm gona have to just rely on the majority of the photos being from my instagram :((( I know, it sucks.
Here's the break down of my 'hectic' life:

I did my first new born baby shoot!! He was an 8 day old little boy called Wiley :) being around him though had the reverse effect on me and made me not want kids for an even longer time because whilst he looks all cute and snuggle, during this time he managed to wet everything with wee and poo so much that it even got on to him mum - yeah, how cute are babies...


'Bundle of joy'.....
Obviously you can see I worked on these photos and edited them but Jen went in and added her finishing touches and this is how one of them came out that she put up as a 'sneak peak' on her facebook page..


Oh, and this is how one of the tons of amaaaazing photos of Dorothy came out!!! 

She so pwiddy

Me and Katy have decided we're going to go on regular bike rides around Reston on the beautiful trails (like the Rodwell Trail for you Weymouth folk) so, on our first adventure I obviously had to get a photo with the big yellow school bus!!




That weekend we went to Fair Oak shopping mall to burn some dollar!!! It's ridiculous how much of a step up the shopping is here - even from Nottingham! I wish I could bring back all these beautiful shops - main one being my second home, Sephora!! Absolutely addicted to buying make up and I need to get a grip!



The time I was leaving to go shopping (the Malls stay open until 10 here!!) was the time Sammie, Sallie, Abby and Ele were pre drinking ready to go out to town on a Friday night which was a bit depressing, so we sent each other photos haha! I suppose my mini haul made up for it...

Hello beautiful

                                                
I got bits from all sorts of places including Macy's! :) and I finally got myself some decent trainers for my running!! Oh yeah, I've also started running in the mornings... it's hell.

Laura Mercier is the best make up I've everrrr used!! It is the bees knees, the dog's dangly bits, THE CAT'S PYJAMAS!!! Especially the camouflage concealer. Trust me, it's a life saverrr.

My new sexaay shoes. I've also came to realise I apparently have a subconscious addiction to purple shoes - I now have 3 pairs which are these, my vans and some new heels. Hmm.

So! The next day was a Saturday and I was excited because it was my first experience of photographing a lesbian wedding!! We drove into DC which is where their hotel was where they got ready and then onto Maryland where gay marriage is actually legal as it isn't in Virginia.
I really didn't know what to expect when I imagined the day and what the women would be like but I was definitely pleasantly surprised because they were so lovely and the best brideS to work with. So laid back and loving life! The ceremony and everything else was at this old fashioned amusement park with a big carousel. For the ceremony, they got married under a beautiful Chuppah one of their fathers had made especially as it was a Jewish wedding. I'm not able to upload any proper pictures of them but I managed to get a sneaky pic of my phone in!



So casual.. hahahaha




   

View from the Hotel


The brideS to be


It's actually extremely hard photographing on a moving carousel hahah




Had to put a pin on mine didn't I!

I was almost as happy as when I have fanta beach at home when I found this; almost.
I also went back to DC but this time in Georgetown which is absolutely beautiful and seemed quite English to me which I loved :) I've never seen anything like it though with the amazing shops - it was like strolling down Oxford street. They even had Jack Wills which I didn't realise they had out here! Jen said there's a rality programme on the shop called Georgetown cupcake so we had to have one! The queue was insane out of the door and everytime I've drove past it, it always seems to be that way! Ok so the cupcakes were amazing.......





Ew, but Olympic cupcake!! So so so proud of team GB and proud to be British! :)
I just spent 3 days down at Virginia Beach with Jen's husband's parents and it was so lovely. Felt SO good to be back by a beach again with sand in my toes and the sea smell in the much needed breeze :) Really happy I had the opportunity to go and I will definitely go back at some point in my life! It's exactly how you'd imagine an American beach to be like - the wooded huge beach houses over looking the horizon, sand dunes with grass growing out of it.. the whole shabbang!! I also went to the VA beach Aquarium which was so cool and I got to see some sharks!!! Best day everr













Whenever I see grass growing out of sand it always reminds me of 'remember me' when they're sat at the beach.. awwww






hewo





We drove back from VA beach yesterday which took 7 bloody hours - talk about numb bum! Then today me and Jen had a photoshoot at a breath-takingly beautiful winery called Barrel Oak. We were there pretty much all day and even ended up wine tasting!! :) I genuinely felt like I was in England because of the countryside and just general feel the vineyards and winery had! 








sunset!
So that was my last fortnight here!! Sorry for the extra long/boring entry.

NANIGHT XXX



















2 comments:

  1. Mummy is pleased you've updated your blog.
    Wow what another eventful fortnight that is, you sure are living the American Dream :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca! I just found your Blog ! :) Very entertaining...guess I'll just have to drop in again and read your next installments. x

    ReplyDelete