Wednesday 22 August 2012

Short and sweet

So I don't really have many photos to share on this post, so you're just going to have to read instead! This week I went to Barrel Oak Winery to photograph the ripe grapes and beautiful area it is situated! It was so exciting because I've never been to a winery before so it was interesting learning about the process of how to make wine and to see the vineyard in full blossom! The scenery was absolutely breath taking and reminded me so much of home - it felt like I was in Abbotsbury.. except being able to overlook mountains opposed to the sea. Not a bad substitute if I'm completely honest!
We're going back next week as it's time for the harvest so me and Jen are going to help pick the grapes as all of their grapes are hand picked! Might be able to work on my tan ;) silver lining! We're there also to take photos of the whole day too as people from all over will come and volunteer to help with the harvest as there are acres and acres of vineyards! I feel lucky to be able to have a part in this, although it's the smallest part ever, I can still say I helped! This is made into Virginian wine - both red and white! Unfortunately no rosé as that's apparently a winemaker's worst nightmare.. I won't go into what I used to drink at uni then haha.. awkward.
Anyway, here's a view of the landscape :)



Apologies for the quality. I'll update with the proper ones at a later date!


Sephora had an unmissable deal on last weekend so being the girls we are, me and Jen sped to there as soon as we could to look at all the heavenly make up. For those of you who haven't been to a sephora, imagine the makeup section in debenhams but 5x the size, smelling like a fluffy pink cloud and workers taking place of angels. That is what it's like for me. In simple form; heaven. The awesome sale was if you spent over $35 you got a free little bag of goodies!! Who can pass up the opportunities of free samples?! Certainly not me. Even with willpower, I don't think that would've been possible.
After reading beauty reviews on some blogs, I went in knowing exactly what I wanted and it began with B and ends in enefit. They've just released their new mascara 'They're Real' which people have been raving about so I had to get it! It also had a deal that you got a free travel sized mascara with it. Amazing! I'm now set for my plane ride home (which is in just over 10 weeks!), so if anything it was an investment ;)

Hearts cos I'm so in love!
In a pack which included a cute little Benefit make up bag, I got: 'Bella Bamba' blusher, 'Eye Bright' eye pencil, 'Stay Don't Stray' eyeshadow primer and 'High Beam' highlight! Separately I bought 'They're Real' mascara in full size and travel size :) I highly recommend the 'they're real' mascara!! The wand is similar to Telescopic which I've always loved but this has bristles on the end which gets right into the corners! Beaut! 
Here is my bag of samples!!


L'Occitane hand cream, Murad day moisturiser, Algenist overnight restoration cream, Stella McCartney fragrance, Benefit cha cha lip and cheek tint, Smashbox foundation primer, Lancome mascara, and Sephora instant moisturizer.
SO IN LOVE!

I had my first experience of an American liquor store called 'ABC' this week too. I felt like McLovin in Superbad!! It was unreal - I was just in awe of the hundreds of different colours, flavours and super cheap price! Just wish I could bring some back to the UK :( they had banana flavoured rum for god sake! I don't even like rum but it was banana!!!
I managed to get a cheeky sunbathe in at the pool after this which was nice and for once I felt quite tanned!

At least I have a tan line I guess! My V Fest bracelet has officially been on for a year now :( time is going too quickly.

I made this bun in my hair with a sock. An actual sock. There is a Spongebob sock in my hair!! Easiest hairstyle ever and to me it looks like I've spent sometime on my hair but it takes like 2 minutes. Less is more ;) I have another hair appointment next Friday where I'm hoping to go even lighter and boarder on blonde!!

Sunday night I went to the cinema with my friend Cailtin and we watched 'The Campaign' with Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis. Unbelievably funny!!! It's also set in North Carolina which is where I'll be visiting Emma next month! Super exciting :) Can't wait to see her face! 

Cinema snacks - an icee and a packet of milk duds and I'm anyones.

I'll keep ya posted about other events and such. I'm going to watch the Redskins play American football on Saturday which is gona be so fun! Such an American thing to do and another chance for a foam finger! Yayuhhhh

Missing my Weytown beauties xxxxxxxxxxx

P.s. I can't wait to raid some vintage shops to get some clothes like Kelly, Lisa and Jessie....

Wish I was this age in the 90s :(






No comments:

Post a Comment